Thursday, December 6, 2007

Question tag from Macy

Answer the question Mitch Albom throws on Oprah : "How would you spend one more day, with someone you loved and lost?"

In our family, we've lost my lolo and my uncle because of cancer, it is painful of course. But if I could spend one more day with someone I loved and lost, it would probably my "Ate Sol".

Ate Sol is my Lola's maid for 45 years... She's the ever loyal "yaya" of all my lola's 7 children (that includes my mom). She started to be my lola's maid when she was barely 17 years old. When my lola gave birth to my mom, Ate Sol became my mom's yaya until every time my lola gives birth, she becomes everyone's yaya... She never did get married because of her many "alaga".

Years had passed, a new generation had come... My mom got married and guess what, she became my yaya too. I remember when i was still little, she would sometimes fetch me from school and buys me something before heading home. And when I was in highschool, she's always there for me. Whenever my mom forget to give me "baon", she gives me money. And when I was in college, she never sleeps until I come home from parties, discos or gimicks, even if I come home at 4am, she's still wide awake waiting for me to open the door. Every grandchildren of my lola becomes her grandchildren too. She treated us as her own "apos" already specially to my cousins Carlo and Luis.

Maybe if I could spend one more day with someone we love and lost, we're just gonna stay home chatting together and having a great merienda with our family and of course with Ate Sol.

No comments: