Monday, May 12, 2008

12 hours of fasting

Yep... I did that last night because I had my blood chemistry taken just this morning and had an ultrasound for my upper abdomen. Why? It's because of my liver. I had my blood chemistry taken last month and the result for my SGOT/AST (Serum Glutamic Oxaloacetic Transaminase/Aspartate aminotransferase) and SGPT/ALT (Serum Glutamic Pyruvic Transaminase/Alanine aminotransferase) are not good. --->Very bad. :-(

To give you an idea, the reference range for SGOT and SGPT is 0.00-32.00 U/L... Guess what I've got? 272.24 for SGOT and 348.23 for SGPT. Kinda high---rather, very high!

SGOT and SGPT is an enzyme that is normally present in liver and heart cells. SGPT/SGOT is released into blood when the liver or heart are damaged. The blood SGPT/SGOT levels are thus elevated with liver damage (for example, from viral hepatitis) or with an insult to the heart. Some medications can also raise SGPT/SGOT levels. Also called alanine aminotransferase (ALT).

I have to go back tomorrow for my result at the hospital hoping for a good result. Otherwise, I'm going to go under medication. Huhuhu.

3 comments:

Nova said...

what is that for sis? i dont really know about such word but hearing it from you is totally bad...

i hope you'll feeling better sis, and if what is that all about? please take more extra care...

*hugs*

MiLeT said...

goodluck on the lab results. don't worry much about it. keep a positive outlook. believe it is much better than worrying.

god bless.

thanks for the add.

Eds said...

oh my, hope will be well jean....