Saturday, March 8, 2008

Tabs...that's Me

When you hear the word "Tabs", what comes in your mind? My dad calls me "Tabs", it's a short-cut word for "Taba". Since I gained weight, he calls me by that pet name. I used to get grouchy at him whenever he calls me that name but years passed, believe it or not, I got used to it. What else can I do? Everyday of my entire life since I got big, he calls me that name. Would I permit it? Nah!

I sometimes ask myself why I let myself be chubby like this. To tell you frankly, I'm not used to this kind of body. My waistline then was ranging from 26 to 28 only (You can ask our co-bloggers Jane, Yvette, Annette, Eds & Arlene). My gaining of weight happened when I started working in a call center 7 years ago. To add it up, I had some eye allergies that requires me to take some meds with steroids. From 110 lbs, now I'm 150lbs. Haay, embarrassing it may seem, I gained a total of 40 lbs. To think, I'm still single and haven't given birth nyan ha.

Because of my being Tabs, I always have an irregular menstrual period. I have to take some pills in order for me to have my monthly period. My Tita whose an OB-Gyne said this is due to my hormonal imbalance and told me directly that I have to lose weight otherwise this will continue to happen or worse, will have difficulty in conceiving.

Now, I'm awaken by the reality that I'm not getting any younger. That I need to do something better for myself. That I should stop procrastinating. That I seriously need to lose weight.

I enrolled myself at a nearby gym here in our place. It's not as posh as the other gym at the Metro but it's a decent gym where all the equipment I need are there for me to start my so-called life again. It's been a week now since I started out and hopefully, in 3 months time, I'll see a difference in myself soon.

I'll keep you posted, don't worry. c",)

No comments: